If you’re looking to make extra money from home, these 3 weird but creative ideas will get you headed in the right direction. What’s nice is they are all easy and cheap to get started. There’s no high tech needed or no long learning curve. They’ll just help put some extra cash in your pocket which is always a good thing.
Make Extra Money Online Starting Today
Okay…are you ready for something a little different? One of the great things about being alive and well in today’s world is that we have the whole world at our fingertips. If you’ve got a computer and internet access…and I’m assuming you do if you are reading this, then the world is truly your oyster.
Just so you know, I’m not a big fan of selling things on Ebay or Etsy or even Amazon. I’ve done all three at one time or another, but I have found that most often you spend a lot of time and money without getting much in return.
There are ways, however, you can use these platforms to make extra money online easily and without a great deal of work or cost to yourself.
So…here we go…
1.Dictionary and sheet music pages – I’m assuming you know what Etsy is. If not, it’s a selling platform that allows you to sell handmade goods or supplies for those that make handmade goods.
Etsy can be a tough nut to crack, but there are a handful of things you can sell on Etsy to make extra money online that are pretty easy. The first two are antique dictionary pages and antique sheet music.
It seems that people like to use antique dictionary pages and sheet music for scrapbooking as well as other creative projects. What they use them for really doesn’t matter.
What is important is that they like to buy them in bulk.
I used to actually sell them on Etsy, so I know it isn’t difficult.
Here are the steps:
- Find an antique dictionary. You can sometimes find them in antique stores. I even found one in a thrift store once. You can also find them on Ebay. What I mean by antique is a dictionary from the late 1800’s like 1898. You can even use dictionaries from as new as the 1930’s, but the older the better. Also, you shouldn’t pay much more than $15 or $20 dollars for one.
- Now that you have a dictionary, rip the cover off. You will want to be careful with this, but because the book is old, it shouldn’t be too hard. Then you will carefully, starting at the beginning, pull all the pages out of the dictionary. You might want to trim the rough edge with a pair of scissors or if you have one a paper cutter.
- Spread out a few pages and take a couple of pictures of them. You want to give a good representation of what the pages look like.
- Open an Etsy store – If you don’t have an Etsy store it is really easy to open one. You can find instructions here. The store is free, but you will be charged $0.20 for a listing.
- Sell your pages in bulk. When I did this, I sold bundles of 25 and 50 pages. They were random, so I just took the top pages and shipped them the buyer. Here’s the fun part. I paid $15 for the first dictionary I bought. It had about 1,500 pages. I sold groups of 25 pages for $11 plus shipping of $3.25.
That means I was able to make 60 sales from that one dictionary. I paid $15 for the dictionary and made $660. The shipping charge covered my shipping costs.
You can also find antique music books that have sheet music and do the same thing with them. Mine sold very well was an easy way to make extra money online.
It’s an easy sale and you don’t even have to make anything or be creative!
2. Create and sell spreadsheets- Okay…I admit it. I am a little weird. I like numbers, and I really enjoy creating Excel spreadsheets. Heck, I even have a degree in accounting, so you know I have to be a little strange.
Anyway, one day I was looking for things I could sell on Ebay. I truly dislike Ebay for a lot of reasons, but I’m always looking for ways to make a few extra bucks, so I bit the bullet and started looking around.
And there it was…people were creating spreadsheets and selling them on Ebay.
The problem is, Ebay no longer allows you to sell digital products. The good news is Etsy does!
What I liked about creating spreadsheets and selling them is that you put the work in once, and then you can sell it over and over again without any additional effort.
What kind of spreadsheets are selling on Etsy you ask? I just took a quick look and found these:
- Small business Spreadsheets $35
- Simplified Accounting Spreadsheet $19
- Annual inventory spreadsheet $10
- The Etsy seller spreadsheet $37
- Monthly budget spreadsheet for Excel $5
- Income / expense tracker $10
…and the list goes on.
What’s great about selling a digital product is that it doesn’t cost you anything. There’s no inventory to buy. There is nothing to ship. It is all done automatically. It doesn’t get any easier to make extra money online.
Once you’ve created the spreadsheet…you just sit back and smile as the money hits your PayPal account.
3. Sell psychic email readings on Etsy – What….you say?
There are people who offer psychic readings through email. You used to be able to sell them on Ebay, but no longer.
However…Etsy does still let you do so.
Now, I have never done this, but I have a good friend that did and still does.
She offers email readings and text message readings.
How they work:
- Someone finds her listing and buys a reading. She offers from one question up to four question readings.
- One the buyer makes their purchase, they email their questions to her.
- She emails them her answers.
She offers same day readings, so once she is notified of the sale, she will answer the question or questions sometime that day. She does so by email or if it is a text reading, she sends the answer in the form of a text message to their phone.
Etsy has a system they call convo’s. It’s just email. So, she can send her answer through there or to the buyer’s actual email address.
While this may not be everyone’s cup of tea, if you feel it would be a good fit for you, you should check it out.
My friend has about 20 listings on Etsy for different types of readings, and she does pretty well when you consider this is a side gig for her.
With no advertising and no effort, she makes between $800 and $1,000 a month.
What’s great about this idea is that once again it doesn’t cost anything. All you have to do is slap up a listing and wait for sales.
Again, I know some of you might scoff at this idea and think it is just too crazy to consider, but for those that think it might work for them, you should check it out.
There are all sorts of weird and wonderful and wacky ways to make extra money online. These three will help you do just that without having to spend a bunch of money or time. So, get cracking, peeps and check out what is being sold on Etsy.
You might just find the perfect fit for you, and make some extra cash in the bargain.
(Before you go, why don’t you sign up to receive free tips and tricks that will have you make money, save money, and pay off your debt. Just click the, “Yes I want in,” button now.)